Core Values of the Workers First Party:
- Workers’ Rights: We are unwavering in our commitment to upholding and advancing the rights of all workers. We believe that democracy and human rights thrive where workers’ rights are respected and enforced.
- Equality: We advocate for economic equality and justice, recognizing that a just society is one where every worker has the opportunity to enjoy a quality standard of living and financial security.
- Democracy: We stand for democratic values not only in the workplace but also in the broader community, fostering personal autonomy, equality, and human dignity.
- Humanization of Economies: We view unions as important forces in humanizing and democratizing economies, promoting economic justice and a fair distribution of resources.
- Quality of Life: We work to ensure that workers and their families have access to decent wages, benefits, and working conditions, providing a quality standard of living and financial security.
- Fundamental Labour Rights: We are dedicated to preserving fundamental labour rights, including the right to join a union, collective bargaining, and taking strike action, as fundamental aspects of a just society.
- Economic Justice: We recognize the role of unions in promoting higher levels of economic equality and justice, ensuring that workers are not left behind.
- Human Rights: We adhere to the principles of human rights, including the right to freedom of association and the right of everyone to form and join trade unions.
- Economic Security: We strive to provide workers with financial security and opportunities for growth, ensuring they can provide a better future for their families.
- Decent Wages: We champion decent wages, benefits, and working conditions as essential components of a fair and just society.
- Participation: We encourage workers to participate meaningfully in the pursuit of their collective workplace goals, and we view the right to strike as an essential part of this process.
- Community: We recognize the role of unions in fostering a sense of community, not only within the workplace but in the broader society, promoting cooperation and solidarity among workers.
These core values guide the Workers First Party in its mission to advance the rights and well-being of workers, promote economic justice, and foster a more equitable and democratic society for all.